WHAT DOES THIS CHURCH BELIEVE?
Read, and you will find that it is not Calvinism, and it is not Arminianism. We feel that what Jesus said is still true: traditions can make the Word of God "of none effect." So check what you see here against the Bible, and against Jesus himself, since he said "I am ... the truth." Every creed should conform to the Teacher as well as to his teaching. We believe ...
1) ...that "GOD is one" (Deuteronomy 6:4-6; Mark 12:28-34): real, alive, close, loving and lovable, wise, generous, merciful, full of compassion, the author of all good, and "not willing that any should perish."
2) ...that God has not left us in confusion or ignorance, but has given us THE BIBLE as his reliable and authoritative Word, living and powerful, to comfort and correct.
3) ...that ALL EVIL comes from wandering away from God. That's what sin is, and God came to earth in Jesus to deliver us from our sin, to reconcile us to himself.
4) ...that the one God came to earth in the man JESUS, his Son born of the virgin Mary, to declare and demonstrate God's favor and willingness to forgive, to offer the kingdom and be the king, and to deliver us from sin, Satan, and death.
5) ...that the one God is present in the church by his HOLY SPIRIT, whose power is available to us today, and that he gives gifts to every believer for building up the church.
6) ...that THE CHURCH is the people who by faith in Jesus as God's Anointed Deliverer are born again, into his family, and that God has commissioned us his ambassadors, to make disciples.
7) ...that JESUS OUR LORD WILL RETURN to earth soon - to judge the wicked, to take his people home, to take his power and reign, and to wipe away all tears.
8) We also believe that fussing about creeds is not what we are here for. They seem to have a useful function, since, as the Bible says, false teachers are always trying to creep in.